Friday, April 17, 2009
An exciting update...
So I had a rough week with the hives and swelling, and was put on steroids and benadryl. I was still so bad Sunday and asked my doctor what I could do. He suggested taking Aveeno baths, and it was a nice temporary relief. Wednesday I took the last steroid pill and still had itching. I went to bed really nauseas and woke up at 2:30am feeling like someone took a hammer to my hands and every knuckle. My knees and ankles were in poor shape, and I had charlie horses in my leg muscles. I called in to Kaiser worried that I was having another reaction, and they said I should be fine until I saw Dr. Gardner at my appointment that day. So Evan came home from school and took me to my appoinment. It turns out that because of everything I have been going through, it is a good idea to get induced, so after getting checked and finding out that I am about 80% effaced and 4 cm dilated, I got the go ahead to get induced. I will go in Saturday morning at 7:30 and get put on petocin to start labor. I am very grateful this pregnancy is coming to an end. It has been pretty rough off and on, and I am looking forward to holding my baby. Let's just hope the snow doesn't make it too difficult to get to the hospital, rumor has it that we could have 1-2 feet snow by Saturday afternoon. Please pray for our safety:)
Thanks for all of your support! We will post pictures as soon as we have them.