Sunday, March 15, 2009

Æbleskiver....Danish Pancakes

So if you didn't already know, my mother is from Denmark, and I love the traditions of the Danish people. She recently introduced Æbleskiver. If you google it, you would just type 'ebleskiver'. It is like a pancake and a popover combined, and you can fill it with fruit, chocolate, etc., and dust them with powdered sugar. Syrup could be used as well. SO YUMMY! After visiting her during Christmas and eating this yummy new food, I had to buy a pan and try them out in my own home. Here are some pictures! Evan absolutely loves them, and I am thinking it would be a great holiday tradition to make these. Ebleskiver are usually eaten during holidays or festivities.






I love my mom's pan the best, and she has a gas stove, which I also think works the best. I don't have a gas stove and my pan is from William and Sonoma, so maybe one day I will get to buy a cast iron pan and use it on a gas stove, for now, mine works just great! We didn't fill our's with anything for this batch, but I think we are going to try adding apples to the middle next time. YUM YUM!




1 comment:

Humphries said...

Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVE those!!! My grandmother used to make them all the time. You made me hungry now I want to make some of my own. :)