Thursday, December 30, 2010

Band-aids, this life, and 2011

We had a checkup for Peter on Tuesday. His surgeon said that his head is healing great, and that we just need to come back in another year for a final checkup. Also to put a band-aid on his scar on his forehead when we go out in the sun so that it doesn't turn bright red. What a sweet baby boy. He will be 7 months old on Jan 3, so crazy!

On another note. I just found out some sad news. I don't deal well with death. I know that when we die we go on to a better place and that family is eternal, we get to see each other again after we all die. The sad thing for me, is in this short blip of our existence, on earth, we only have a short time here with our loved ones, and when someone passes we can't hold them on earth again, and you can't tell the person the things you never got around to telling them, or the things you should have told them because they needed to hear those things.

We just found out that my friend's little boy died on Wednesday. He died peacefully in his sleep after a long stretch of cancer. I couldn't help feeling sad for my friend and her husband as they won't get to hold their little boy anymore. They have been through so much with him, highs and lows, and now their little boy is back with our Heavenly Father waiting for their return. It made me think of how sad I would feel if Peter or Lucy were to pass on. I know we all will eventually die, but it is sad saying goodbye. I pray that with their understanding of the plan of happiness and eternal families- Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father have for us, they will be able to heal and be comforted.

Then last night I received an email saying that my friend Laura Fish died. She was Lucy's nursery leader and my sweet friend. She had so much love, and with all of her trials and struggles, she was so kind to everyone. She loved Lucy and I feel bad that I didn't tell her how much I appreciated her love, friendship, kindness, hugs, etc. She will be forever missed, and I know Lucy will miss her tons! I will try to speak up more often to those who bless our lives. Again I am happy to have faith to know that this life is temporary and for learning as we get to return to live with our Heavenly Father again and have eternal families.

What a year. This has been one of the hardest, most challenging years of my life. I know that I have learned lots, been blessed in more ways than I know. I love my family and can't wait to see what 2011 has to offer. Isn't that crazy, 2011-I remember thinking that in the 2000 and up there would be flying cars and robots, etc. and now it is 2010, and I am trying to learn how to live a more simple life to enjoy my family more-getting away from a lot of the technology that is speeding things up way too fast. We shall see:)

I love you all! Thanks for helping make my life a blessed one! From Evan and my family, we wish you all a Happy New Year!

No comments: